Saturday, September 3, 2011

Swimming lessons

Bret and I decided to put the girls is swimming lessons this summer.  By the first part of August we were organised enough to make it work.  Both girls were afraid to get their faces wet and Brooklyn didn't like her ears to get water in them.

Brooklyn is waiting for her turn to blow bubbles.

Sierra is watching closely so she knows what to do.
Sierra's teacher is talking her into putting her face in the water.
Brooklyn is getting braver.  At least it is a start.
Sierra turns around to say hi to Bret and I.
Brooklyn's class is practicing her kicks.
This was their first lesson and they were still quite timid.  I didn't get pictures of their last but by the end they were both jumping in off the side and getting their whole heads underwater.  The benefit of the lessons was very noticeable to Grandma on the sail boat.  Both girls were to afraid to get all the way in the water.  Brooklyn stayed close to the ladder and float.  Sierra would not even get in.  Now Brooklyn swims to the end of her rope and is upset it is not longer and Sierra will get in the water.  I am glad they enjoyed their lessons.

No comments:

Post a Comment