Wednesday, September 7, 2011

Eclairs

Alan's favorite treat is eclairs.  Bret and I took a cooking class and learned to make them last spring.  While Alan was here this summer I wanted to make some for him.  It is quite a process.  First make the dough and cook it on the stove, pipe it out, cook in oven, make pastry cream, cool it, pipe it into eclair, make ganash, dip eclair in it, cool, eat.  This took all afternoon.  And because I always try to do too much I also made dinner and tended my three small children.  As it was dinner was good.  Eclairs were good.  Kitchen was a total mess and I took very few pictures. 

Alan and Bret (in the background) helped.  Steven also stopped by but no pictures 
One of the boys, probably Steven, gave Sierra an eclair to eat.  She liked it.  Special Bear is always close.

No comments:

Post a Comment