Monday, August 15, 2011

Bike Riding

Brooklyn and Bret decided it was time for her to learn to ride her bike without training wheels.  Bret took off one and left one on.  After a little bit he changed them.  One day I was outside watching Brooklyn, the wheel was loose.  Brooklyn went to the garage and got the tools to fix it.  I told her if she was old enough to fix her own training wheel she didn't need them any more.  The next day I took off the remaining wheel.  We practiced for a while but then I had to go inside to feed London.  The next day Brooklyn was up early to practice some more.  However, it was raining.  During a short break in the rain Brooklyn said she was ready.  It was still very early and I had to get dressed.  Bret was sitting in the rocking chairr and could see her from the window.  I told her to go start while I got dressed.  I went upstairs got dressed, brushed my teeth and fixed my hair.  This only took abut five minutes.  When I got outside Brooklyn was riding her bike.  She kept going farther and farther.  She wanted to ride to my work.  When we got there she wanted to go to Grandma and Grandpa's house.  I agreed. We started. We got partly there and it started raining hard.  We dashed to the nearest church and waited.  We were closer to Blaser's house than ours but still to far to go without getting soaked.  I didn't have my cell because as you all know I often leave it sitting around the house and we had not planned of going far at all.  Worste than all of that we had not told anyone where we were so Bret couldn't really come save us.  I noticed that there were quite a few cars in the lot. This ment the church may be unlocked. I tried the door and it was unlocked.  Now I had to find a phone.  We found one and called Bret.  He was looking for us and I am sure he would have found us.  We learned a lesson in servival: Do not leave the house without cell phone and always tell someone where you are going.  Brooklyn we are so proud of you. 

2 comments:

  1. She is riding her bike like a pro. Little Brooklyn is growing up!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Woo Hoo Brooklyn! You are such a little pro on your bike! I'm glad you rode over to my house to show me!

    ReplyDelete